To create a new message:
• Click Create new subject.
The new message screen appears.
• Select your Contact
from the drop-down menu.
• Select your Category
from the drop-down menu.
• Enter your Subject
• Look up a member
– this helps to specify which member your message refers to and forms part of their permanent record.
• Enter the details of your Message
– be specific to reduce follow-ups.
• When you’re done, select Post message
to send the message to OMERS. A screen advising you that the message has been posted appears to confirm your message was sent successfully.
A screen advising you that the message has been posted appears to confirm your message was sent successfully.
To view unresolved messages:
Click View unresolved
to see all of your unresolved messages, including those that OMERS has sent to you.
Your e-Correspondence appears in “pages”. A page displays up to 200 messages and can extend beyond your viewing screen. Simply scroll down to see the rest. If you have more than 200 messages, there will be more than one page to view.
To read a message…
Click on its link in the Subject
column to open the message.
After reading it, you can continue the subject by posting a reply to provide us with additional information or ask another related question.
e-Correspondence is a two-way communication medium. Please check e-correspondence frequently – in case we’ve sent you a message or a response to your message.
To close a subject:
Once you have all the information you need from us or we’ve notified you that an issue has been addressed, you can close the subject by clicking Resolve and exit
within the message. This lets us know that the issue has now been closed.
If OMERS initiated the subject, then only OMERS will be able to resolve the subject
To search for a subject:
To easily find the types of e-Correspondence you want listed, click Search
to specify your search criteria. You can search by: status, category, contact, and/or date posted. You can also search for all subjects related to a specific member using Search for one member.
When you’ve selected your search criteria and clicked Search
, all messages that match your criteria will be listed.
You can easily see the status of a subject by viewing status column to the left of the subject. There is also a legend indicating what each icon means.
– messages sent to you by OMERS
Read messages (unreplied)
– messages sent to you by OMERS that you have not yet replied to or resolved
Awaiting reply from OMERS
– messages that you have sent to OMERS but have not yet received a reply
– messages that have been addressed and are now closed
Resolved but unread
– messages resolved by OMERS that you have not read
• Frequently log in to check for new messages.
• Communicate clearly, providing full details.
• Send a separate message for each member and each issue.
• Resolve and exit.