You are eligible for OMERS membership in 2018 if you met one
of the following two conditions during each of 2016 and 2017:
- You worked at least 700 hours (including overtime) with any participating OMERS employer.
Examples of employees eligible for OMERS membership in 2018
- You earned, including overtime and vacation pay, at least 35% of the CPP earnings limit with any participating OMERS employer:
- You earned at least $19,215 in 2016
- You earned at least $19,355 in 2017
You may be eligible for OMERS membership!
- In 2016, Sue started working for an OMERS employer. She earned over $19,215 in 2016 and worked over 700 hours in 2017.
- In 2016, George earned over $19,215 working for an OMERS employer. He then moved to another OMERS employer and worked over 700 hours in 2017.
- Manil has worked part-time for two OMERS employers for several years. His combined earnings from both employers were over $19,215 in 2016 and over $19,355 in 2017.
Tell your current OMERS employer about previous employment or a part-time job with another OMERS employer – it may help you qualify sooner.