Today we're unveiling a major redesign of omers.com. Certainly the look of the site has changed but behind the scenes we've also been busy including changing over to a new content management system and doing due diligence to ensure member privacy and information remains secure.
Our site has been growing and changing since the original site launched in 1997. What you're seeing today is probably the biggest change we have gone through since then - and we've done it in response to what users have told us about what you'd like to see and they need. Over a year of planning went into usability testing and design of the new site.
The new design is clean, organized and well-structured. The previous design met our needs but as the organization has grown and become more complex, the site needed to expand to meet the growing reliability of our members to communicate and find information using online tools.
The new layout embraces a number of current web design and usability best practices and trends.
- The horizontal navigation bar is modern, clean, and clear and you will find e-mail update sign up and a text size adjuster in the top-right corner.
- There are three main categories - Corporate, Pensions and Investments - that are accessed from the primary navigation bar and the homepage
- Each landing page has rotating banners to highlight important information
- We've expanded the Investments section to encompass the OMERS Worldwide brand for each of our investment entities
- The news sections have been expanded and organized by category for easier browsing
- RSS feeds have been added for News and Career Opportunities
- A right side column appears on many pages for related links and other relevant information
Just last year omers.com began hosting myOMERS and in the first year it has been available, 34,000 members registered for this service. It's as convenient and secure as online banking, and gives members access to their pension information 24/7.
Please take the time to explore the site and let us know what you think.